The incident began on September 28. Gather stats through September 30:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 307
- Average daily take: 102.3
- Capture goal: 1,220
- Removal goal: 1,050
- Returned: 15
- Deaths: 6
- Shipped: 155
Two horses died during the first three days and four were put down due to pre-existing conditions, yielding a death rate of 2.0%.
The daily breakdowns between stallions, mares and foals were not provided.
Body condition scores are not known.
Fifteen stallions were released on Day 3.
Six HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 3 ended with 131 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 496
- Forage assigned to horses: 5,952 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,300
- Forage liberated to date: 3,504 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 2,920 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown
RELATED: Roundup in Progress at Surprise Complex.