The incident began on September 16. Reports covering activity through September 27 have been posted to the Modoc news page:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 173, up from 100 on Day 6
- Average daily take: 14.4
- Capture goal: 600
- Removal goal: 600
- Returned: 1, on Day 8
- Deaths: Unknown
- Shipped: Unknown
Gather activity did not occur yesterday due to weather. One horse escaped from the traps on Day 8.
The daily reports are almost useless. The number of deaths, cause of death and the number of animals shipped have not been provided.
The breakdown between stallions, mares and foals was not given for Days 9, 10 and 11.
On other days those figures had to be calculated from the cumulative totals.
Body condition scores were not provided.
The number of unaccounted-for animals cannot be determined.
- AML: 402
- Forage assigned to horses: 4,824 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,926
- Forage liberated to date: 2,064 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 1,720 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 15,711 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from WHT by livestock: 1,309 (2.6% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 1,711
RELATED: Devil’s Garden Roundup Day 6.