The incident began on September 16. Reports covering activity through September 21 have been posted to the Modoc news page:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 100
- Average daily take: 16.7
- Capture goal: 600
- Removal goal: 600
- Returned: Unknown
- Deaths: Unknown
- Shipped: Unknown
The progress report for Days 3 and 4 was a bit confusing. The correct interpretation is that helicopters were grounded on Day 4 and no horses were gathered. The cumulative total through Day 4 was 49, not 98.
Foals represented 14.0% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 51.2% were male and 48.8% were female.
Body condition scores were not provided.
The number of unaccounted-for animals is not known.
- AML: 402
- Forage assigned to horses: 4,824 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,926
- Forage liberated to date: 1,200 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 1,000 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 15,711 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from WHT by livestock: 1,309 (2.6% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 1,711
RELATED: Devil’s Garden Roundup Day 4.