The incident began on September 8. Gather stats through September 22:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 886, up from 721 on Day 12
- Average daily take: 59.1
- Capture goal: 1,900
- Removal goal: 1,900
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 11, up from 7 on Day 12
- Shipped: 735, up from 659 on Day 12
The cumulative total at the gather page is 844.
A colt and and two studs were put down on Day 13, and a filly on Day 14, due to pre-existing conditions. The death rate is now 1.2%.
Foals represented 20.8% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 44.4% were male and 55.6% were female.
Body condition scores ranged from 2.5 to 4.
The location of gather activity was not reported. Three HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 15 ended with 140 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 892 (total for three HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 10,704 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 2,500
- Forage liberated to date: 10,632 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 8,860 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 27,011 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: 2,258 (4.5% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 3,150
RELATED: Barren Valley Roundup Day 12.