The incident began on September 8. Gather stats through September 19:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 721, up from 491 on Day 7
- Average daily take: 60.1
- Capture goal: 1,900
- Removal goal: 1,900
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 7, up from 6 on Day 7
- Shipped: 659, up from 379 on Day 7
Reports for Days 9 – 12 were posted today.
Helicopters were grounded on Day 11 due to high winds and gather ops were cut short on Day 12 for the same reason.
The cumulative total at the gather page is 712. There is a discrepancy in the figures for Day 10.
A mare was put down on Day 9 due to blindness. The death rate is now 1.0%.
Foals represented 20.7% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 44.6% were male and 55.4% were female.
Body condition scores ranged from 2.5 to 4.
Three HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 12 ended with 55 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 892 (total for three HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 10,704 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 2,500
- Forage liberated to date: 8,652 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 7,210 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 27,011 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: 2,258 (4.5% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 3,150
RELATED: Barren Valley Roundup Day 7.