The incident began on September 8. Gather stats through September 14:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 491, up from 316 on Day 5
- Average daily take: 70.1
- Capture goal: 1,900
- Removal goal: 1,900
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 6, no change from Day 5
- Shipped: 379, up from 270 on Day 5
The death rate decreased from 1.9% to 1.2%.
Foals represented 21.2% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 47.3% were male and 52.7% were female.
Body condition scores on Days 6 and 7 ranged from three to four.
Three HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 7 ended with 106 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 892 (total for three HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 10,704 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 2,500
- Forage liberated to date: 5,892 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 4,910 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 27,011 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: 2,258 (4.5% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 3,150
RELATED: Barren Valley Roundup Day 5.