The incident began on September 15. Gather stats through September 24:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 346, up from 252 on Day 7
- Average daily take: 34.6
- Capture goal: 600
- Removal goal: 600
- Returned: 1, on Day 10
- Deaths: 12, up from 6 on Day 7
- Shipped: 277, up from 142 on Day 7
Two horses were put down on Day 8, two on Day 9 and two on Day 10, all due to pre-existing conditions. The death rate is now 3.5%, up from 2.4% on Day 7.
The daily reports point to IM 2021-007, Euthanasia of Wild Horses and Burros Related to Acts of Mercy, Health or Safety, as justification for the deaths.
Foals represented 23.1% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 37.2% were male and 62.8% were female.
Body condition scores were not provided.
Day 10 ended with 56 unaccounted-for animals. The report did not indicate if the stallion returned that day was an escape or a release.
- AML: 217
- Forage assigned to horses: 2,604 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,018
- Forage liberated to date: 4,140 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 3,450 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 7,394 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMA by livestock: 616 (1.2% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 833
RELATED: Jackson Mountains Roundup Day 7.