The incident began on October 7. Gather stats through November 9:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 1,170, up from 1,072 on Day 30, per cumulative totals
- Average daily take: 34.4, based on cumulative totals
- Capture goal: 4,400
- Removal goal: 3,500
- Returned: 1, no change from Day 30
- Deaths: 6, no change from Day 30
- Shipped: 1,066, based on daily reports, no change from Day 30
No activity was reported on Days 31, 32 and 33.
The cumulative total included 429 stallions, 502 mares and 239 foals.
Foals represented 20.4% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 46.1% were male and 53.9% were female.
The death rate declined slightly to 0.5%.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Gather activity resumed at Salt Wells Creek. Five HMAs are involved in the roundup.
The number of unaccounted-for animals on Day 34 was 97.
- AML: 2,165 (across five HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 25,980 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 5,105
- Forage liberated to date: 14,028 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 11,690 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 191,791 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 15,982 (32% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 18,147