The incident began on October 7. Gather stats through November 5:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 1,072 per cumulative totals, can’t be compared to Day 28 report
- Average daily take: 35.7, based on cumulative totals
- Capture goal: 4,400
- Removal goal: 3,500
- Returned: 1, no change from Day 28
- Deaths: 6, no change from Day 28
- Shipped: Not in cumulative totals, 1,066 based on daily reports
The daily breakdowns of stallions, mares and foals have not been provided since Day 26. The cumulative totals are 389 stallions, 463 mares and 220 foals. Western Horse Watchers prefers to use the daily reports.
The number of horses dispatched (shipped + dead + returned) exceeds the number of horses captured.
Foals represented 20.5% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 45.7% were male and 54.3% were female.
The death rate is 0.6%.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Gather activity at Divide Basin ended on Day 30, one of five HMAs are involved in the roundup. The HMA covers 22.6% of the total acreage per Table 1 of the Final EA.
The number of unaccounted-for animals on Day 30 is zero as noted above. The number of horses to be returned is unknown.
- AML: 2,165 (across five HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 25,980 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 5,105
- Forage liberated to date: 12,852 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 10,710 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 191,791 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 15,982 (32% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 18,147
RELATED: Rock Springs Roundup Day 28.