The incident began on October 7. Gather stats through October 31:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 880, up from 743 on Day 19
- Average daily take: 35.2
- Capture goal: 4,400
- Removal goal: 3,500
- Returned: 1, no change from Day 19
- Deaths: 6, no change from Day 19
- Shipped: 810, up from 690 on Day 19
The cumulative total at the gather page is 882. The figures above are based on the daily reports.
The breakdowns for Days 1 to 16 were reported as mares/stallions/foals instead of the usual stallions/mares/foals and this was not picked up by Western Horse Watchers until today. The percentages of males and females in previous reports are backwards.
Helicopters did not fly on Days 20, 21 and 22 due to poor weather.
The death rate declined to 0.7%.
Foals represented 20.7% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 45.3% were male and 54.7% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Gather activity may still be occurring at Divide Basin. Five HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 25 ended with 63 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 2,165 (across five HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 25,980 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 5,105
- Forage liberated to date: 10,548 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 8,790 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 191,791 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 15,982 (32% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 18,147
RELATED: Rock Springs Roundup Day 19.