The incident began on October 7. Gather stats through October 25:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 743, up from 538 on Day 16
- Average daily take: 39.1
- Capture goal: 4,400
- Removal goal: 3,500
- Returned: 1, no change from Day 16
- Deaths: 6, up from 4 on Day 16
- Shipped: 690, up from 472 on Day 16
The cumulative total at the gather page is 745. The breakdown between stallions, mares and foals doesn’t match the figures in the daily reports.
Two horses died of injuries sustained in the roundup on Day 17. No details were given.
The death rate increased slightly to 0.8%.
Foals represented 21.8% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 52.7% were male and 47.3% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
The location of gather ops is not known. Five HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 19 ended with 46 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 2,165 (across five HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 25,980 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 5,105
- Forage liberated to date: 8,904 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 7,420 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 191,791 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 15,982 (32% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 18,147
RELATED: Rock Springs Roundup Day 16.