The incident began on October 7. Gather stats through October 22:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 538, up from 408 on Day 14
- Average daily take: 33.6
- Capture goal: 4,400
- Removal goal: 3,500
- Returned: 1, no change from Day 14
- Deaths: 4, no change from Day 14
- Shipped: 472, up from 269 on Day 14
The death rate declined to 0.7%.
Foals represented 21.0% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 57.6% were male and 42.4% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
The location of gather ops was not given. Five HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 16 ended with 61 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 2,165 (across five HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 25,980 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 5,105
- Forage liberated to date: 6,444 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 5,370 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 191,791 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 15,982 (32% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 18,147
RELATED: Rock Springs Roundup Day 14.