The incident began on January 11. Gather stats through January 20:
- Target: Horses
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Captured: 852, up from 713 on Day 7
- Average daily take: 85.2
- Capture goal: 2,060
- Removal goal: 2,030
- Returned: 4, no change from Day 7
- Deaths: 10, up from 9 on Day 7
- Shipped: 797, up from 588 on Day 7
One horse was euthanized on Day 8. The death rate is 1.2%.
The cumulative total includes 357 stallions, 383 mares and 112 foals.
Youngsters represented 13.1% of the horses captured, consistent with a herd growth rate of 8% per year, assuming a 5% death rate.
Of the adults, 48.2% were stallions and 51.8% were mares.
Body condition scores were not reported.
The location of the trap site within the Complex was not provided.
Day 10 ended with 41 unaccounted-for animals.
The number of horses removed to date is 848. Mares returned to the Complex will be treated with population suppression of unspecified type.
- AML: 638 (across two HMAs, one WHT and one HA)
- Forage assigned to horses: 7,656 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 3,244
- Forage liberated to date: 10,176 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 8,480 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 43,344 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from Complex by permitted grazing: 3,612
- True AML: 4,250
- Stocking rate at new AML: 3.5 wild horses per thousand acres
- Horses displaced from Complex by drilling and mining: Ask the advocates
RELATED: Pancake Roundup Day 7.