The incident began on October 11. Gather stats through November 5:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 891, up from 742 on Day 24
- Average daily take: 34.3
- Capture goal: 947
- Removal goal: 615
- Returned: 260, no change from Day 24
- Deaths: 23, up from 19 on Day 24
- Shipped: 446, up from 403 on Day 24
Four horses were put down on Day 26 due to pre-existing conditions, although the report lists one as related to the roundup. The actions were justified by IM 2021-007, Euthanasia of Wild Horses and Burros Related to Acts of Mercy, Health or Safety.
The death rate is 2.6%.
Foals represented 17.8% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 51.4% were male and 48.6% were female.
Body condition scores were not given.
The observed percentage of foals suggests the herd is not growing at a rate of 20% per year, a benchmark used by land managers to predict population sizes.
Gather ops moved to Rock Creek on Day 22. Five HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 26 ended with 162 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 999 (across five HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 11,988 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,188
- Forage liberated to date: 7,572 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 6,310 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown