The incident began on October 11. Gather stats through November 3:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 742, up from 682 on Day 21
- Average daily take: 30.9
- Capture goal: 947
- Removal goal: 615
- Returned: 260, no change from Day 21
- Deaths: 19, no change from Day 21
- Shipped: 403, up from 371 on Day 21
No horses were caught on Day 22, as the trap was moved to a new location.
The death rate declined slightly to 2.6%.
Foals represented 18.3% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 52.5% were male and 47.5% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
The observed percentage of foals suggests the herd is not growing at a rate of 20% per year, a benchmark used by land managers to predict population sizes.
Gather activity has moved to Rock Creek. Five HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 24 ended with 60 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 999 (across five HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 11,988 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,188
- Forage liberated to date: 5,784 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 4,820 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown