The incident began on September 1. Gather stats through October 3:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Bait
- Horses captured: 304, up from 261 on Day 18
- Average daily take: 9.2
- Capture goal: 450
- Removal goal: 450
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 8, no change from Day 18
- Shipped: 296, up from 231 on Day 18
The daily reports could not be accessed for two days due to a BLM IT outage.
No horses were caught on Days 21, 23, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 32 and 33.
The death rate is 2.6%.
Foals represented 14.8% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 46.3% were male and 53.7% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Day 33 ended with no unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 364
- Forage assigned to horses: 4,368 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,037
- Forage liberated to date: 3,648 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 3,040 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from HMA by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown
The Western Watersheds map shows two grazing allotments overlapping the HMA, Stone Cabin and Willow Creek. Click image to open in new tab.
An estimate of the forage assigned to livestock, and the number of wild horses displaced thereby, should be a straightforward task.
RELATED: Stone Cabin Roundup Day 18.