The incident began on September 1. Gather stats through September 18:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Bait
- Horses captured: 261, up from 207 on Day 12
- Average daily take: 14.5
- Capture goal: 450
- Removal goal: 450
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 8, up from 7 on Day 12
- Shipped: 231, up from 193 on Day 12
No horses were caught on Days 13, 14, 16 and 17. Previously, no gather activity was reported on Day 12 but now the page shows 24 horses captured. The cumulative total of 256 does not agree with the sum of the daily numbers.
One horse was put down on Day 15 because of fractured neck, taking the death rate to 3.1%.
The rate at Stone Cabin, where horses are baited into the traps, is ten times higher than that for the cruel and inhumane helicopter roundup at Sand Wash Basin, so described by the advocates.
Foals represented 14.6% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 46.6% were male and 53.4% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Day 18 ended with 22 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 364
- Forage assigned to horses: 4,368 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,037
- Forage liberated to date: 3,132 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 2,610 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from HMA by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown
RELATED: Stone Cabin Roundup Day 12.