The incident began on September 1. Gather stats through September 9:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Bait
- Horses captured: 197, up from 122 on Day 6
- Average daily take: 21.9
- Capture goal: 450
- Removal goal: 450
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 7, up from 3 on Day 6
- Shipped: 115, up from 43 on Day 6
No horses were caught on Days 8 and 9.
One horse was put down on Day 7 because of a broken leg and another was euthanized because of colic.
On Day 8, another horse was put down due to colic, the third such case reported.
A horse fractured its neck on Day 9 and was euthanized, lifting the death rate to 3.6%.
Foals represented 13.7% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 45.9% were male and 54.1% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Day 9 ended with 75 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 364
- Forage assigned to horses: 4,368 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,037
- Forage liberated to date: 2,364 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 1,970 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from HMA by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown
RELATED: Stone Cabin Roundup Day 6.