The incident began on August 2. Gather stats through August 19:
- Horses captured: 1,402, up from 1,244 on Day 16
- Average take: 77.9 horses per day
- Capture goal: 2,200
- Removal goal: 2,200
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 6, up from 5 on Day 16
- Shipped: 1,314, up from 1,185 on Day 16
A stallion was put down on Day 18 due to a physical defect. The death rate is 0.4%.
Foals accounted for 18.1% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 43.8% were male and 56.2% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Day 18 ended with 82 unaccounted-for animals.
The observed percentages of males and females cannot be explained by a simple random process centered at 50% males / 50% females with n = 1,148 adults. The sex of the foals was not provided.
- AML: 789 (four HMAs involved)
- Forage assigned to horses: 9,468 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 6,032 plus foals
- Forage liberated to date: 16,824 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 14,020 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 72,946 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 6,079 (12% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 6,868
RELATED: Antelope Roundup Day 16.