The incident began on August 2. Gather stats through August 17:
- Horses captured: 1,244, up from 1,101 on Day 14
- Average take: 77.8 horses per day
- Capture goal: 2,200
- Removal goal: 2,200
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 5, up from 4 on Day 14
- Shipped: 1,185, up from 958 on Day 14
A stallion was put down on Day 16 due to blindness. The death rate is 0.4%.
Foals accounted for 17.9% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 44.6% were male and 55.4% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Day 16 ended with 54 unaccounted-for animals.
The gap between males and females is larger than expected for a simple random process centered at 50% males / 50% females producing groups of n = 1,021 adults. The sex of the foals was not provided.
- AML: 789 (four HMAs involved)
- Forage assigned to horses: 9,468 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 6,032 plus foals
- Forage liberated to date: 14,928 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 12,440 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 72,946 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 6,079 (12% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 6,868
RELATED: Antelope Roundup Day 14.