The incident began on August 2. Gather stats through August 11:
- Horses captured: 814, up from 456 on Day 8
- Average take: 136 horses per day
- Capture goal: 2,200
- Removal goal: 2,200
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 4, no change from Day 8
- Shipped: 514, up from 343 on Day 8
The death rate dropped to 0.5%.
Foals accounted for 17.2% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 45.5% were male and 54.5% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Day 10 ended with 296 unaccounted-for horses. The contractor is probably holding them on site.
Data quality has been good.
- AML: 789 (four HMAs involved)
- Forage assigned to horses: 9,468 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 6,032 plus foals
- Forage liberated to date: 9,768 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 8,140 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 72,946 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 6,079 (12% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 6,868
RELATED: Antelope Roundup Day 8.
UPDATE: The average daily take should be 81.4, not 136.