The incident began on August 2. Gather stats through August 9:
- Horses captured: 456, up from 361 on Day 6
- Average take: 76 horses per day
- Capture goal: 2,200
- Removal goal: 2,200
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 4, up from 2 on Day 6
- Shipped: 343, up from 211 on Day 6
Two horses were put down on Day 8 due to pre-existing conditions, bringing the death rate to 0.9%.
Foals accounted for 18.6% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 45.3% were male and 54.7% were female.
Body condition scores were not provided.
Day 8 ended with 109 unaccounted-for horses. The contractor is probably holding them on site.
- AML: 789 (four HMAs involved)
- Forage assigned to horses: 9,468 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 6,032 plus foals
- Forage liberated to date: 5,472 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 4,560 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 72,946 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 6,079 (12% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 6,868
RELATED: Antelope Roundup Day 6.
UPDATE: The average daily take should be 57, not 76.