The incident began on August 2. Gather stats through August 7:
- Horses captured: 361, up from 190 on Day 3
- Average take: 60 horses per day
- Capture goal: 2,200
- Removal goal: 2,200
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 2, no change from Day 3
- Shipped: 211, up from 85 on Day 3
Helicopters were grounded on Day 5 due to smoke.
The death rate is 0.6%.
Foals accounted for 18.0% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 47.6% were male and 52.4% were female.
Body condition scores were not given.
Day 6 ended with 148 unaccounted-for horses.
- AML: 789 (four HMAs involved)
- Forage assigned to horses: 9,468 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 6,032 plus foals
- Forage liberated to date: 4,332 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 3,610 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 72,946 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 6,079 (12% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 6,868
RELATED: Antelope Roundup Day 3.