The incident began on July 26. Gather stats through August 7:
- Horses captured: 344, up from 303 on Day 11
- Average take: 26 horses per day
- Capture goal: 450
- Removal goal: 450
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 8, up from 5 on Day 11
- Shipped: 250, up from 218 on Day 11
A stud and foal were put down on Day 10 due to pre-existing conditions. Another stud was put down on Day 11, boosting the death rate to 2.3%. The summary at the gather page shows seven deaths but the daily reports show eight.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Foals accounted for 18.9% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 43.7% were male and 56.3% were female.
Day 13 ended with 86 unaccounted-for horses.
- AML: 0
- Forage assigned to horses: 0
- Pre-gather population: 450
- Forage liberated to date: 4,128 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 3,440 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from HA by livestock: Unknown
RELATED: West Douglas Roundup Day 11.