The incident began on July 26. Gather stats through August 11:
- Horses captured: 431, up from 390 on Day 15
- Average take: 25 horses per day
- Capture goal: 450
- Removal goal: 450
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 9, up from 8 on Day 15
- Shipped: 337, up from 296 on Day 15
Another death occurred on Day 17 due to pre-existing conditions but no details were given. The death rate is 2.1%. The summary at the gather page shows eight horses lost but the daily reports yield nine.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Foals accounted for 19.0% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 42.4% were male and 57.6% were female. The gap between stallions and mares continues to widen.
Day 17 ended with 85 unaccounted-for horses. The operation will likely conclude in another day or two.
- AML: 0
- Forage assigned to horses: 0
- Pre-gather population: 450
- Forage liberated to date: 5,172 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 4,310 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from HA by livestock: Unknown
RELATED: West Douglas Roundup Day 15.