The incident began on January 16. Gather stats through January 25:
- Target: Horses
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Captured: 188, up from 147 on Day 6
- Average daily take: 18.8
- Capture goal: 233
- Removal goal: 150
- Returned: 2, no change from Day 6
- Deaths: 3, up from 2 on Day 6
- Shipped: 115, up from 83 on Day 6
A stallion was euthanized on Day 9, boosting the death rate to 1.6%.
The cumulative total includes 82 stallions, 80 mares and 26 foals.
Youngsters represented 13.8% of the horses captured, consistent with a herd growth rate of 9% per year, assuming a 5% death rate.
Of the adults, 50.6% were stallions and 49.4% were mares.
Body condition scores were not reported.
The location of the trap site within the HMA was not provided.
Day 10 ended with 68 unaccounted-for animals.
The number of horses removed to date is 186. Mares returned to the HMA will be treated with GonaCon Equine.
- AML: 180
- Forage assigned to horses: 2,160 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 277
- Forage liberated to date: 2,232 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 1,860 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 9,608 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMA by permitted grazing: 801
- True AML: 981
- Stocking rate at new AML: 6.1 wild horses per thousand acres
- Horses displaced from HMA by drilling and mining: Ask the advocates
RELATED: Desatoya Roundup Day 6.