The incident began on December 20. Gather stats through January 2:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Animals captured: 640 horses, 91 burros
- Average daily take: 45.7 horses, 6.5 burros
- Capture goal: 648 horses, 100 burros
- Removal goal: 438 horses, 100 burros
- Returned: 65 horses, no burros
- Deaths: 11 horses, no burros
- Shipped: 401 horses, 91 burros
One death was reported on Day 13 and two on Day 14. The death rate is 1.7%.
The cumulative totals include 215 stallions, 276 mares and 149 foals. On the burro side, 47 jacks, 30 jennies and 14 foals.
Youngsters represented 23.3% of the horses captured and 15.4% of the burros.
Of the adults, 43.8% were stallions and 56.2% were mares. For the burros, 61.0% were jacks and 39.0% were jennies.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Five horses were returned to the WHR on Day 13, followed by 60 on Day 14.
The status of the 74 mares treated with GonaCon is not known.
Day 14 ended with 163 unaccounted-for horses and no unaccounted-for burros.
The number of horses removed to date is 575. The number of burros removed is 91.
The Day 14 report said that trapping operations have concluded.
- AML: 500 horses, zero burros
- Forage assigned to horses: 6,000 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 736 horses, 95 burros and an unspecified number of foals
- Forage liberated to date: N/A
- Water liberated to date: N/A
- Forage assigned to livestock: None
- Animals displaced from WHR by livestock: None
- True AML: 500
RELATED: Nevada WHR Roundup Day 12.