The incident began on December 20. Gather stats through December 27:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Animals captured: 279 horses, 91 burros
- Average daily take: 34.9 horses, 11.4 burros
- Capture goal: 648 horses, 100 burros
- Removal goal: 438 horses, 100 burros
- Returned: No horses, no burros
- Deaths: 2 horses, no burros
- Shipped: 101 horses, 91 burros
Helicopters did not fly on Days 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Two colts were put down on Day 8 due to clubbed feet. The wild horse death rate is 0.7%.
The cumulative totals include 87 stallions, 126 mares and 66 foals. On the burro side, 47 jacks, 30 jennies and 14 foals.
Youngsters represented 23.7% of the horses captured and 15.4% of the burros.
Of the adults, 40.8% were stallions and 59.2% were mares. For the burros, 61.0% were jacks and 39.0% were jennies.
Body condition scores were not reported.
The location of gather activity within the WHR is not known.
Day 8 ended with 176 unaccounted-for horses and no unaccounted-for burros.
The number of horses removed to date is 279. Mares returned to the area will be treated with GonaCon. The number of burros removed is 91.
Operations are not open to public observation.
- AML: 500 horses, zero burros
- Forage assigned to horses: 6,000 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 736 horses, 95 burros and an unspecified number of foals
- Forage liberated to date: N/A
- Water liberated to date: N/A
- Forage assigned to livestock: None
- Animals displaced from WHR by livestock: None
- True AML: 500
RELATED: Nevada WHR Roundup Day 3.