The incident began on December 20. Gather stats through December 22:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Animals captured: 101 horses, 91 burros
- Average daily take: 33.7 horses, 30.3 burros
- Capture goal: 648 horses, 100 burros
- Removal goal: 438 horses, 100 burros
- Returned: None
- Deaths: None
- Shipped: 79 horses, 91 burros
The cumulative totals include 34 stallions, 40 mares and 27 foals. On the burro side, 47 jacks, 30 jennies and 14 foals.
Youngsters represented 26.7% of the horses captured and 15.4% of the burros.
Of the adults, 45.9% were stallions and 54.1% were mares. For the burros, 61.0% were jacks and 39.0% were jennies.
Body condition scores were not reported.
The location of gather activity within the WHR is not known.
Day 3 ended with 22 unaccounted-for horses and no unaccounted-for burros.
The number of animals removed to date is 192. Mares returned to the area will be treated with GonaCon.
Operations are not open to public observation.
- AML: 500 horses, zero burros
- Forage assigned to horses: 6,000 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 736 horses, 95 burros and an unspecified number of foals
- Forage liberated to date: N/A
- Water liberated to date: N/A
- Forage assigned to livestock: None
- Animals displaced from WHR by livestock: None
- True AML: 500
RELATED: Roundup Begins at Nevada WHR.