The incident began on October 7. Gather stats through November 29:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 2,478, up from 2,262 on Day 52
- Average daily take: 45.9
- Capture goal: 4,400
- Removal goal: 3,500
- Returned: 46, no change from Day 52
- Deaths: 12, up from 9 on Day 52
- Shipped: 2,270, up from 2,096 on Day 52
Two mares ran into panels and broke their necks on Day 53. A horse was euthanized on Day 54 due to a leg injury. The death rate is 0.5%.
The cumulative total includes 974 stallions, 1,001 mares and 503 foals. The gather page shows 1,044 stallions.
1,044 + 1,001 + 503 = 2,548
Foals represented 20.3% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 49.3% were male and 50.7% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Gather activity continued at Salt Wells Creek and Adobe Town. Five HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 54 ended with 150 unaccounted-for animals. The total number of horses removed is 2,478 – 46 = 2,432, which includes these animals.
- AML: 2,165 (across five HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 25,980 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 5,105
- Forage liberated to date: 29,184 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 24,320 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 191,791 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMAs by livestock: 15,982 (32% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 18,147
RELATED: Rock Springs Roundup Day 52.