The incident began on October 11. Gather stats through October 29:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 552, up from 531 on Day 16
- Average daily take: 29.1
- Capture goal: 947
- Removal goal: 615
- Returned: 166, up from 55 on Day 16
- Deaths: 12, up from 8 on Day 16
- Shipped: 371, up from 331 on Day 16
Helicopters did not fly on Days 18 and 19.
Four animals were put down on Day 17 due to pre-existing conditions, including a 3MO foal, lifting the death rate to 2.2%.
Foals represented 17.8% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 51.8% were male and 48.2% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
The number of horses removed to date is 383.
Of the horses returned on Days 17 and 18, approximately 56% were stallions and all of the mares were treated with PZP. These pest control actions reduce growth rates and keep the resource scales tipped in favor of the public-lands ranchers for longer periods of time, which is what the advocates are trying to accomplish.
The location of gather activity was not given. Five HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 19 ended with three unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 999 (across five HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 11,988 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,188
- Forage liberated to date: 4,632 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 3,860 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown