The incident began on September 16. Reports covering activity through October 14 have been posted to the Modoc news page:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 468, up from 428 on Day 27
- Average daily take: 16.1
- Capture goal: 600
- Removal goal: 600
- Returned: 1, no change from Day 27
- Deaths: Unknown
- Shipped: Unknown
Foals represented 13.5% of the horses captured. Of the adults, 49.9% were males and 50.1% were female.
Body condition scores were not provided.
The death rate and number of unaccounted-for animals cannot be determined.
The low percentage of foals suggests the herd is not growing at a rate of 20% per year, a benchmark often used by land managers to predict herd sizes.
- AML: 402
- Forage assigned to horses: 4,824 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,926
- Forage liberated to date: 5,604 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 4,670 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 15,711 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from WHT by livestock: 1,309 (2.6% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 1,711
RELATED: Devil’s Garden Roundup Day 27.