The incident began on September 28. Gather stats through October 8:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 897, up from 555 on Day 7
- Average daily take: 81.5
- Capture goal: 1,220
- Removal goal: 1,050
- Returned: 82, up from 16 on Day 7
- Deaths: 14, up from 9 on Day 7
- Shipped: 592, up from 396 on Day 7
The daily reports could not be accessed for two days due to a BLM IT outage.
Three horses were put down on Day 8 and one died of a broken neck. A yearling was put down on Day 11. The death rate is 1.6%.
On Day 8, 66 horses were returned to the Massacre Lakes, Bitner, Nut Mountain and Wall Canyon HMAs. Mares were treated with fertility control.
Body condition scores have not been reported.
Gather ops on Day 10 and 11 were in the High Rock and Fox Hog HMAs. Six HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Test results for pigeon fever, reported on Day 7, have not been provided.
Day 11 ended with 209 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 496
- Forage assigned to horses: 5,952 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,300
- Forage liberated to date: 9,780 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 8,150 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown
RELATED: Surprise Complex Roundup Day 7.