The incident began on September 28. Gather stats through October 4:
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 555, up from 441 on Day 5
- Average daily take: 79.3
- Capture goal: 1,220
- Removal goal: 1,050
- Returned: 16, up from 15 on Day 5
- Deaths: 9, up from 7 on Day 5
- Shipped: 396, up from 281 on Day 5
Two stallions were put down for pre-existing conditions on Day 6, leaving the death rate at 1.6%. Another stallion was released.
The number of stallions, mares and foals caught each day have not been reported.
Body condition scores are not known.
Gather operations concluded at Wall Canyon on Day 6. Day 7 saw helicopters flying beyond the HMA boundaries. Six HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Pigeon fever may have affected some of the horses. Tests have been ordered.
Another release is set for Day 8.
Day 7 ended with 134 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 496
- Forage assigned to horses: 5,952 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,300
- Forage liberated to date: 6,468 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 5,390 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown
RELATED: Surprise Complex Roundup Day 5.