The incident began on September 15. Gather stats through September 17:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 98
- Average daily take: 32.7
- Capture goal: 600
- Removal goal: 600
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 1
- Shipped: 42
One horse was put down on Day 2 due to an abscess, typically not a life-threatening condition, lifting the death rate to 1.0%.
Foals represented 23.5% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 26.7% were male and 73.3% were female.
Body condition scores were not provided.
Day 3 ended with 55 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 217
- Forage assigned to horses: 2,604 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 1,018
- Forage liberated to date: 1,176 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 980 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 7,394 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMA by livestock: 616 (1.2% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 833