- Type: Planned
- Method: Bait
- Burros captured: 450, up from 369 on Day 156
- Average daily take: 2.6
- Capture goal: 500
- Removal goal: 500
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 0
- Shipped: 368, up from 306 on Day 156
Foals represented 14.7% of the burros gathered. Of the adults, 58.6% were male and 41.4% were female.
To date, 225 jacks and 159 jennies have been captured. The observed percentages of males and females cannot be explained by a simple random process centered at 50% males / 50% females, with n = 384 adults. The sex of the foals was not given.
The expected range of variation can be found with basic statistical formulas.
Day 175 ended with 82 unaccounted-for burros.
- AML: 478
- Pre-gather population: Unknown
- Forage liberated to date: 2,700 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 2,250 gallons per day
- Forge assigned to livestock: 7,333 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Burros displaced from HMA by livestock: 1,222
- True AML: 1,700
RELATED: Black Mountain Roundup, Part 2, Day 156.