The incident began on September 1. Gather stats through September 5:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 329, up from 81 on Day 3
- Average daily take: 65.8
- Capture goal: 783
- Removal goal: 733
- Returned: 1
- Deaths: 1, up from 0 on Day 3
- Shipped: 190, up from 64 on Day 3
One horse was put down on Day 4 due to a pre-existing condition. The death rate is now 0.3%.
The breakdown between stallions, mares and foals was not given on Day 5, only the total number of horses captured.
Foals represented 11.6% of the horses gathered through Day 4. Of the adults, 47.5% were male and 52.5% were female. The low percentage of foals may be due to the darting program.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Day 5 ended with 137 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 362
- Forage assigned to horses: 4,344 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 896
- Forage liberated to date: 3,936 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 3,280 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 16,827 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMA by livestock: 1,402 (2.8% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 1,764
RELATED: Sand Wash Roundup Day 3.