The incident began on August 11. Gather stats through August 17:
- Horses captured: 160, up from 121 on Day 5
- Average take: 22.9 horses per day
- Capture goal: 320
- Removal goal: 296
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 1, no change from Day 5
- Shipped: 124, up from 87 on Day 5
The death rate is 0.6%.
Foals accounted for 25.0% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 40.8% were male and 59.2% were female.
Body condition scores were not reported.
Day 7 ended with 35 unaccounted-for horses.
Given the high percentages of mares and foals in the total, is the contractor targeting family bands?
- AML: 80
- Forage assigned to horses: 960 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 355
- Forage liberated to date: 1,920 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 1,600 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from HMA by livestock: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown
RELATED: Conger Roundup Day 5.