Panel discussion of issues facing the poor ranchers in Utah.
Concerns not addressed in the video:
- Water sources commandeered for personal gain
- Fences that impede the movement of other animals, limiting access to critical resources
- Grazing fees stuck in a time capsule since the 1960s
- Stocking rates that would destroy the land in a single season if it wasn’t for pasture rotation
- Rape and pillage sold as environmental stewardship
- Transmission of diseases to wildlife by domestic livestock (e.g., bighorn sheep)
- Wild horses forced off their home range so their food can be sold to the ranchers, courtesy of American taxpayers
- Consumers unable to tell if they’re buying range-fed beef
- Conflicts of interest by those who manage and monitor the programs
How can they defend any of this?