Today the report jumped from September 19 to September 21. Results for September 20 were not published.
More information may be available on socialist media but Western Horse Watchers won’t read it or link to it.
- Target: Horses
- Type: Planned
- Method: Unknown
- Captured: 100
- Average daily take: 10
- Capture goal: Unknown
- Removal goal: Unknown
- Returned: Unknown
- Deaths: Unknown
- Shipped: Unknown
- Unaccounted-for: Unknown
- Location of trap: Unknown
- Destination of captured animals: Unknown
- Horses allowed by plan (AML): 402
- Pre-gather population: Unknown
- Forage assigned to livestock inside WHT: 15,711 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from WHT by permitted grazing: 1,309
- True AML: 1,711
- Stocking rate at new AML: 6.6 horses per thousand acres
The government collects $21,210 per year in grazing fees from ranching activity inside the WHT while it spends $2,388,925 per year to care for the horses displaced thereby.
Would you say that permitted grazing is a wise use of the public lands?
RELATED: Devil’s Garden Roundup, Day 6, No Need to Know Edition.