The incident began on May 2. Gather stats through May 14:
- Target: Burros
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Captured: 607, up from 524 on Day 11
- Average daily take: 46.7
- Capture goal: 1,080
- Removal goal: 1,080
- Returned: None
- Deaths: None
- Shipped: 508, up from 454 on Day 11
No gather activity occurred on Day 12.
The cumulative total includes 234 jacks, 293 jennies and 80 foals, based on figures in the daily reports. The breakdown at the gather page is 235, 291 and 81.
Youngsters represented 13.2% of the animals captured. Of the adults, 44.4% were male and 55.6% were female.
The herd can’t be growing at a rate of 20% per year with a birth rate of 13% per year.
No PZP jennies have been reported since Day 6.
The location of the trap site within the HMA was not given.
Day 13 ended with 99 unaccounted-for animals.
The number of animals taken off the range to date is 607.
- AML: 478
- Forage assigned to burros: 2,868 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 3,000
- Forage liberated to date: 3,642 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 3,035 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 7,333 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Burros displaced from HMA by permitted grazing: 1,222
- True AML: 1,700
- Stocking rate at new AML: 1.7 burros per thousand acres
- Burros displaced from HMA by drilling and mining: Ask the advocates
RELATED: Black Mountain Roundup Day 11.