The incident began on April 25. Gather stats through May 3:
- Target: Burros
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Captured: 170, up from 137 on Day 7
- Average daily take: 18.9
- Capture goal: 490
- Removal goal: 490
- Returned: None
- Deaths: 1, no change from Day 7
- Shipped: 170, up from 137 on Day 7
The cumulative total includes 73 jacks, 77 jennies and 20 foals.
Youngsters represented 11.8% of the animals captured. Of the adults, 48.7% were male and 51.3% were female.
The herd can’t be growing at a rate of 20% per year with a birth rate of 12% per year.
The location of the trap site was not provided. Three HAs are involved.
Day 9 ended with -1 unaccounted-for animals, more animals disbursed than captured.
The number of burros removed to date is 170.
- AML: Zero
- Forage assigned to burros: None
- Pre-gather population: Unknown
- Forage liberated to date: 1,020 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 850 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Burros displaced from area by permitted grazing: Unknown
- True AML: Unknown
- Stocking rate at new AML: Unknown
- Burros displaced from area by drilling and mining: Ask the advocates
RELATED: Death Valley Auxiliary Roundup Day 7.