The incident began on April 30. Gather stats through May 2:
- Target: Burros
- Type: Planned
- Method: Helicopter
- Captured: 123, up from 53 on Day 1
- Average daily take: 41.0
- Capture goal: 300
- Removal goal: 260
- Returned: None
- Deaths: None
- Shipped: 123, up from 53 on Day 1
The cumulative total includes 56 jacks, 58 jennies and 9 foals.
Youngsters represented 7.3% of the animals captured. Of the adults, 49.1% were male and 50.9% were female.
The herd can’t be growing at a rate of 20% per year with a birth rate of 7% per year.
The location of the trap site within the HMA was not disclosed.
Day 3 ended with no unaccounted-for animals.
The number of burros removed to date is 123.
- AML: 70
- Forage assigned to burros: 420 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 328
- Forage liberated to date: 738 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 615 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 5,547 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Burros displaced from HMA by permitted grazing: 922
- True AML: 992
- Stocking rate at new AML: 10 burros per thousand acres
- Burros displaced from area by drilling and mining: Ask the advocates
RELATED: Sinbad Roundup in Progress.