The incident began on September 8. Gather stats through October 31:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 1,593, up from 1,538 on Day 50
- Average daily take: 29.5
- Capture goal: 1,900
- Removal goal: 1,900
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 23, up from 22 on Day 50
- Shipped: 1,498, up from 1,461 on Day 50
The cumulative totals at the gather page are 1,604 horses captured, 1,530 shipped and 22 dead. The figures above are based on the daily reports.
A mare ran into a panel and broke her neck on Day 52. The death rate is 1.4%.
Foals represented 20.7% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 45.8% were male and 54.2% were female.
The percentage of foals is consistent with a herd growth rate of 20% per year.
Body condition scores on Days 51 to 54 ranged from 2.5 to 4.
Gather ops may be occurring at Coyote Lake. Three HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 54 ended with 72 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 892 (total for three HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 10,704 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 2,500
- Forage liberated to date: 19,116 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 15,930 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 27,011 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: 2,258 (4.5% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 3,150
RELATED: Barren Valley Roundup Day 50.