The incident began on September 8. Gather stats through October 18:
- Type: Emergency
- Method: Helicopter
- Horses captured: 1,288, up from 1,133 on Day 27
- Average daily take: 31.4
- Capture goal: 1,900
- Removal goal: 1,900
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 17, up from 16 on Day 27
- Shipped: 1,178, up from 1,067 on Day 27
Operations were suspended from Day 28 through Day 37.
The cumulative total at the gather page is 1,274, with 1,213 shipped.
One horse was euthanized on Day 40 due to pre-existing conditions. The death rate decreased slightly to 1.3%.
Foals represented 21.4% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 45.0% were male and 55.0% were female.
Body condition scores on Days 38 to 40 ranged from 1.5 to 4.
Operations resumed at Coyote Lake on Day 38. Three HMAs are involved in the roundup.
Day 41 ended with 93 unaccounted-for animals.
- AML: 892 (total for three HMAs)
- Forage assigned to horses: 10,704 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 2,500
- Forage liberated to date: 15,456 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 12,880 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 27,011 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from Complex by livestock: 2,258 (4.5% of off-range holding)
- True AML: 3,150
RELATED: Barren Valley Roundup Day 27.