The incident began on August 15. Gather stats through August 17:
- Horses captured: 294
- Average take: 98.0 horses per day
- Capture goal: 420
- Removal goal: 390
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 2
- Shipped: 292
One death occurred on Day 1 and another on Day 2, both due to pre-existing conditions.
Foals accounted for 26.9% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 42.8% were male and 57.2% were female.
Body condition scores were fours and fives.
Day 3 ended with no unaccounted-for animals. Gather operations will likely conclude in another day or two.
- AML: 80
- Forage assigned to horses: 960 AUMs per year
- Pre-gather population: 449
- Forage liberated to date: 3,528 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 2,940 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: 8,455 AUMs per year (estimated)
- Horses displaced from HMA by livestock: 705
- True AML: 785
RELATED: Stinkingwater Roundup Begins.