The incident began on July 26. Gather stats through July 30:
- Horses captured: 186
- Capture goal: 450
- Removal goal: 450
- Returned: 0
- Deaths: 3
- Shipped: 135
Another foal was placed into foster care today. The report did not say why it was separated from its mom.
Two more horses were put down on Day 4 due to pre-existing conditions, bringing the death rate to 1.6%.
Foals accounted for 17.7% of the horses gathered. Of the adults, 45.8% were male and 54.2% were female.
Day 5 ended with 48 unaccounted-for horses.
- AML: 0
- Forage assigned to horses: 0
- Pre-gather population: 450
- Forage liberated to date: 2,232 AUMs per year
- Water liberated to date: 1,860 gallons per day
- Forage assigned to livestock: Unknown
- Horses displaced from HA by livestock: Unknown
RELATED: West Douglas Roundup Day 3.