Here’s a guess based on recent experience:
- Don’t question any statements about how many horses the HMAs can support
- Don’t talk about resource allocations and land-use plans
- Don’t oppose the removals, only the way they are carried out
- Ask the government to get rid of the horses with PZP, not helicopters
- Make sure the cattlemen and sheepherders get most of the horses’ food
- Tell the public that more donations are needed to achieve these objectives
Why don’t they just come out of the closet and declare their fealty to the ranchers?