Refer to the following data from a 2018 EA for resource enforcement actions at the Warm Springs HMA in Oregon. The HMA covers 475,574 acres.
1. How many horses are allowed by plan?
2. Livestock receive ____ times more forage than the horses.
3. The horses receive ____ percent of the total authorized forage.
4. How many horses have been displaced from the HMA by livestock?
5. What is the True AML?
6. If the current population is 468, the HMA contains ____ excess horses.
7. The stocking rate allowed by plan is ____ horses per thousand acres.
8. If the grazing season is five months, how many cow/calf pairs are allowed by plan?
9. The stocking rate allowed by plan is ____ cow/calf pairs per thousand acres.
10. The HMA was set aside for ________ but is managed primarily for ________.
BONUS QUESTION: The best way to get rid of excess horses is _______________.
You get one lifeline. Feel free to reach out to your local advocacy group.