The spending authorization for the Bureau of Land Management in FY 2020 includes $6 million for a pilot program to remove most of the wild horses from two or three HMAs and administer fertility control to the remaining bands.
It’s the first phase of the wild horse eradication plan pushed by range-fed beef producers and operators of private sanctuaries. See page 2 in HR 3052. The program is explained on page 11 of the report that accompanies the bill.
Note the prohibition against returning horses to the range. This is the handiwork of the public-lands ranchers and their political allies.
- Betty McCollum, Chair, D-MN, F (16%)
- Chellie Pingree, D-ME, F (19%)
- Derek Kilmer, D-WA, F (10%)
- José Serrano, D-NY, F (20%)
- Mike Quigley, D-IL, F (12%)
- Bonnie Watson Coleman, D-NJ, F (17%)
- Brenda Lawrence, D-MI, F (17%)
- David Joyce, Ranking Member, R-OH, F (34%)
- Mike Simpson, R-ID, F (31%)
- Chris Stewart, R-UT, F (58%)
- Mark Amodei, R-NV, F (40%)
They all received a failing grade because they’re all liberals.
Could it be that public-lands ranching is an enterprise of the Left, a darling of the Democrat Party? Sure looks like it.